Мэдээлэл нийтлэсэн: Хөгжлийн санхүүжилтийн газар - Хөгжли
Нийтлэсэн огноо: 2018 оны 04 сарын 18
JobTitle: Senior Knowledge Services Officer
Terms of Reference
Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation (CAREC) Institute has established as a knowledge institution for implementing the CAREC Program. The mission of the CAREC Institute (CI) is to enhance the quality and effectiveness of the CAREC Program by providing evidence based research, capacity building services and networking with research institutions. CI will need to support the CAREC Program’s strategic goals more directly and effectively in all aspects of its knowledge program including working more closely with CAREC sector coordinating committees, and being strategic and practical. CI takes an integrated approach to implement its strategic knowledge framework of knowledge generation, knowledge services and knowledge management. CI, being a results-oriented institution, its regional knowledge programs are designed and implemented through closer partnerships, and extensive networking and more collaboration with specialized agencies and institutions.
CI, located in Urumqi, Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region, People’s Republic of China (PRC), invites applications for Senior Knowledge Services Officer, an international professional staff position. Under the guidance of the Head of Knowledge Services Unit, he/she will promote and contribute to the development, management and implementation of knowledge service to build capacities of CI’s member countries for regional economic cooperation.
Functions and Responsibilities:
- Support Head of Knowledge Services Unit to design and deliver CI’s knowledge services portfolio in alignment with CI’s Rolling Operational Plans (ROP);
- Prepare Concept Notes for Workshops, Trainings and Policy Dialogues based on analysis of regional needs regarding Regional economic cooperation and integration;
- Prepare analytical reports and collect data of member countries for informing the Training/Capacity Building needs of member countries;
- Conduct Country Needs Assessments from time to time as required;
- Support in developing and delivering customized and cost-effective capacity building programs;
- Undertake monitoring and evaluation vis-à-vis agreed organizational objectives, draw lessons and report to management and share them with rest of the management;
- Provide support in operational management of Trainings, Workshops and Policy Dialogue;
- Act as a resource person for capacity building activities as required;
- Support in establishing and maintaining partnership with international, regional and national institutions, related to CI’s capacity building programs;
- Prepare budget for capacity building activities;
- Develop workshop reports, policy briefs, and evaluation reports of capacity building activities;
- Organize stakeholders’ consultation as directed by CI management and Unit Head; and
- Any other relevant duties that may be assigned based on institutional needs assigned by Unit Head and CI’s Management.
Qualifications and Selection Criteria:
- Suitability to undertake the responsibilities mentioned above. Capable to work in a team of highly professional and technical international staff as well as local staff.
- A university degree in economics, public policy, social sciences and other related fields; preferably at post-graduate level or its equivalent.
- At least 10 years of relevant professional experience with demonstrated independence of thinking, team management and building, high-level of professional integrity, and strong analytical skills, and earned respect of professional peers.
- Expertise in one of the following areas related to economic and financial stability; trade, tourism and economic corridors; transport infrastructure and economic connectivity is an asset.
- Experience in developing Training Manuals is an asset.
- Familiarity with Adult Learning Techniques is an asset.
- Experience of conducting Training Needs Assessments is an advantage.
- Good understanding of the needs of regional member countries and institutions in promoting knowledge services.
- As a supervisory-level international staff, the position requires a strong global view with preferably international and regional experience.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively across organizational boundaries, with Management teams, and other international and local staff members.
- High proficiency in English, both oral and written communication is required.
- Applicants must be nationals of CAREC member countries, and candidates will be considered based on merit and suitability by considering position requirements and overall qualifications.
Immediate Reporting Relationships:
- Senior Knowledge Services Officer reports to the Head of Knowledge Services Unit.
- This is a 3-year fixed term appointment with possible extension.
- CI offers an internationally competitive compensation package in US dollars.
- The applications should be emailed to Ms. Nana (email@example.com) by 7:00 p.m., Beijing time, Friday, 27 April 2018. CI is an equal opportunity employer and women are encouraged to apply. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
The candidates are required to certify that all information provided on any employment application form, resume or CV is complete, true and accurate to the best of his/her knowledge. He/ She understands that information may be verified, and any misrepresentation of facts may be considered cause for dismissal regardless of when discovered by the CAREC Institute
 Eleven CAREC member countries include Afghanistan, Azerbaijan, People’s Republic of China (PRC), Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyz Republic, Mongolia, Pakistan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, and Uzbekistan.