Мэдээлэл нийтлэсэн: Хөгжлийн санхүүжилтийн газар - Хөгжлийн санхүүжилтийн газар
Нийтлэсэн огноо: 2018 оны 04 сарын 18
Job Title: Senior Knowledge Management Officer
Terms of Reference
Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation (CAREC) Institute has established as a knowledge institution for implementing the CAREC Program. The mission of the CAREC Institute (CI) is to enhance the quality and effectiveness of the CAREC Program by providing evidence based research, capacity building services and networking with research institutions. CI will need to support the CAREC Program’s strategic goals more directly and effectively in all aspects of its knowledge program including working more closely with CAREC sector coordinating committees, and being strategic and practical. CI takes an integrated approach to implement its strategic knowledge framework of knowledge generation, knowledge services and knowledge management. CI, being a results-oriented institution, its regional knowledge programs are designed and implemented through closer partnerships, and extensive networking and more collaboration with specialized agencies and institutions.
CI, located in Urumqi, Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region, People’s Republic of China (PRC), invites applications for Senior Knowledge Management Officer, an international professional staff position. Under the guidance of the Head of Knowledge Management Unit, he/she will be responsible for design and implementation of Knowledge Management Functions of CI.
Functions and Responsibilities:
- Support Head of Knowledge Management Unit in developing and drafting a Knowledge Management (KM) Framework and KM Plan in alignment with CI’s Rolling Operational Plan;
- Format, design and edit CI’s Knowledge Products (research reports, policy briefs, info-graphics etc.) and organize their publication and dissemination;
- Conduct a Stakeholder’s Analysis about the Knowledge Needs;
- Liaise continuously with Knowledge Services and Knowledge Generation Units for informing their functions according to trends analysis and stakeholders analysis;
- Develop an organization-wide intranet with support of IT officer for internal knowledge dissemination;
- Manage CI’s website under directions of unit Head and CI’s Management.
- Under the direction of Head of Unit and CI management liaise with media and manage social media;
- Undertake monitoring and evaluation vis-à-vis agreed organizational objectives, draw lessons and report to management and share them with rest of the management;
- Provide advice to the Head of Knowledge Management Unit on various institute-wide issues such as annual and medium-term work plans and major operational opportunities and challenges with respect to knowledge management efforts; and
- Any other relevant duties that may be assigned based on business needs by the Unit Head and CI’s Management.
Qualifications and Selection Criteria:
- Suitability to undertake the responsibilities mentioned above. Capable to work in a team of highly professional and technical international staff as well as local staff.
- A university degree in economics, information technology or related fields; preferably at post-graduate level or its equivalent.
- At least 10 years of relevant professional experience with demonstrated independence of thinking, team management and building, high-level of professional integrity, and strong analytical skills, and earned respect of professional peers.
- Clear understanding of emerging and increasing role of knowledge driven economies and its applicability on defining CI’s knowledge functions (Research and Training) is required.
- Capability and Experience of designing and developing communities of practices is desirable.
- Demonstrated experience of developing social media analysis reports regarding regional economic cooperation and other areas defined in CAREC 2030 and CI Strategy.
- Ability and experience of liaising with media is an asset, especially writing press briefs and press releases.
- Strong administrative service support orientation, experience and interest in rendering a wide range of administration and related work, good at formulating internal systems and control measures, and effective internal coordination work.
- As a supervisory-level international staff, the position requires a strong global view with preferably international and regional experience.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively across organizational boundaries, with Management teams, and other international and local staff members.
- High proficiency in English, both oral and written communication is required.
- Applicants must be nationals of CAREC member countries, and candidates will be considered based on merit and suitability by considering position requirements and overall qualifications.
Immediate Reporting Relationships:
- Senior Knowledge Management Officer reports to the Head of Knowledge Management Unit.
- This is a 3-year fixed term appointment with possible extension.
- CI offers an internationally competitive compensation package in US dollars.
- The applications should be emailed to Ms. Nana (email@example.com) by 7:00 p.m., Beijing time, Friday, 27 April 2018. CI is an equal opportunity employer and women are encouraged to apply. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
- The candidates are required to certify that all information provided on any employment application form, resume or CV is complete, true and accurate to the best of his/her knowledge. He/ She understands that information may be verified, and any misrepresentation of facts may be considered cause for dismissal regardless of when discovered by the CAREC Institute.
 Eleven CAREC member countries include Afghanistan, Azerbaijan, People’s Republic of China (PRC), Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyz Republic, Mongolia, Pakistan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, and Uzbekistan.